As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you buy via the links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Learn more.
Are you looking for an easy and effective way to improve the health of your skin? Microdermabrasion can help any type of skin, and it has been found to be beneficial for a variety of skin conditions. Whether you are looking for a way to rejuvenate your skin and slow the signs of aging, or you are trying to overcome acne problems, try using a microdermabrasion machine to experience effective results.
How Microdermabrasion Works?
This skin treatment has positive results because it stimulates the skin in several ways. Once you understand how microdermabrasion works, you will be able to see why these benefits can be experienced. First, it helps remove dead skin cells and dirt, which can both cause breakouts and skin irritations. When the skin is thoroughly cleaned, you can avoid blemishes and acne because your pores are free of debris.
Additionally, it helps stimulate healthy cells to improve collagen and give the skin a fresh, youthful look. As the top layer of dead skin cells is removed, the skin naturally gains a younger look because of the healthier skin cells that are found beneath.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
When you start using microdermabrasion consistently, you will notice many positive changes in your skin. Here are a few positive benefits of microdermabrasion that you might experience:
- Fading age spots: As your skin ages, it is common for darker spots to appear on the skin. These areas have a collection of darker pigmentation, and they are usually caused by sun damage or another type of damage to the skin. When you use microdermabrasion, it helps to stimulate the cells so that the damaged cells in the age spots go away helping the age spots to fade away.
- Reducing the signs of sun-weathered skin: Spending too much time in the sun can do a number on your skin, and sun exposure can quickly lead to signs of aging such as wrinkles and sun spots. If your skin is uneven because of sun exposure, then microdermabrasion can help you to turn back time and restore a youthful look once again. Sun damaged skin is renewed and healthier, helping you to avoid the negative impact of the time that you spent outside.
- Shrinks enlarged pores: One of the benefits of microdermabrasion is the fact that it shrinks enlarged pores, which is beneficial because it makes your skin look smoother and it reduces the risk of acne.
- Quick and painless: Microdermabrasion is a fast treatment, and it is sometimes referred to as the “lunchtime facial” because it only takes 20 or 30 minutes. The process is painless, although some people experience minor skin irritation for a few days after the treatment.
- Get rid of wrinkles: As you age, wrinkles are unavoidable. But, with microdermabrasion, you can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and help your skin look younger. Creases in your skin start to fade, and your skin appears more supple and healthy.
- Effective acne treatment: If you suffer from clogged pores and acne breakouts, then microdermabrasion might be the answer that you are looking for. Microderm helps open up clogged pores because this treatment gets rid of dirt and dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. As the dead skin cells are removed, it also helps prevent acne from forming because the pores are less likely to clog. Additionally, topical acne products are more effective when they are used in conjunction with microdermabrasion. The treatments help open the pores, making it easier for acne products to penetrate the skin.
- Reduce acne scars: Some people have acne scars that they assume will never go away, but microdermabrasion can help reduce the appearance of those scars. Superficial scars will start to fade because microdermabrasion softens the top layer of the skin and removes dead skin cells. As a result, the texture of your skin is smoother and more consistent.
- Makeup looks better: One of the unexpected benefits of microdermabrasion is that makeup looks smoother when it is applied to the skin. Since the skin tone is smoother and dead skin cells have been removed, makeup glides on easier when it is being used.
The best way to enjoy these benefits of microdermabrasion is by using the treatment regularly. You can use an at-home microdermabrasion machine to treat your skin consistently, to maintain healthy, vibrant skin on an ongoing basis.
Be careful to use the microdermabrasion machine correctly, because incorrect use could potentially irritate the skin and cause more problems. So, it is best always to read the instructions and avoid using it too frequently. Remember that your skin needs time to heal between treatments, so it is best to wait a few days between treatments.
What Can Microdermabrasion Do for My Skin?
Before spending the money to buy a microdermabrasion machine, many people ask the same question: what can microdermabrasion do for my skin? As you learn all about microdermabrasion, you will see that there are many benefits that can be enjoyed when you use this treatment on a consistent basis.
What is Microdermabrasion Facial Treatment?
When you use a microdermabrasion machine, it is basically a fine sanding for the skin. The texture on the head of the machine works the top layer of your skin, which removes dead skin cells, opens the pores, and stimulates healthy skin cells.
Some people are concerned about the idea of microdermabrasion treatments because they are worried about the idea of removing skin cells from the top layer of skin. But, there is nothing to worry about, because the body naturally sheds dead skin cells on a daily basis. Microdermabrasion just speeds up this process, so that the dead skin cells can be removed at a faster rate.
What is Microdermabrasion Good For?
Keep in mind that it is the older skin cells that cause signs of aging, such as wrinkles, sun spots, scars, and any other type of skin problem. If you want to get rid of these problems, then you need to buff off the older cells so that the newer cells are stimulated and brought to the surface of the skin.+
Beyond erasing the effects of age, cleaning the skin, and making it healthier and softer, this practice can be useful in more specific cases such as those listed below.
People with sunspots on their skin or too dilated pores are also good candidates for this treatment. In addition, this technique can be practiced on the face, but also on the hands, décolleté, and stretch marks of the body.
This method is effective on stretch marks unless they are too deep. By projecting aluminum dioxide microcrystals, these marks can be significantly reduced or even, in some cases, completely eliminated.
Wide, deep, old or recent stretch marks are best treated. Marks that are too deep or too fine are not ideally cared for.
The scars left by acne are unsightly, and microdermabrasion reduces their visibility by regaining a smoother face and tighter pores.
However, it is not recommended to use this procedure when the patient has generalized acne, psoriasis, or eczema.
Best Microdermabrasion Treatments
To achieve the best results with your microdermabrasion facial treatment, you should consider the other skincare products that you are using along with the microdermabrasion machine. For example, it is a good idea to use a good cleanser to remove any impurities, and microdermabrasion can help by cleaning the skin on a deeper level.
Also, consider the fact that the best microdermabrasion treatment makes it so that other skincare products can better permeate the skin. When the dead skin cells are removed, those skincare products can reach the deeper layers of skin more effectively.
Because of the increased permeability of the skin, you should be cautious about the types of skincare products that you are using. For example, harsh cleansers might cause sensitivity and irritability on the skin, so you might consider using a gentle cleanser instead.
For best results, you can talk with a dermatologist or skincare expert who can evaluate your skin type and help you determine the best products for your individual needs. It is a good idea to use a gentle cleanser, skin toner, and a high-quality moisturizer to hydrate your skin and keep it healthy. Also, make sure that you are drinking plenty of water to cleanse the skin from the inside and support overall health.
Youthful, Healthier Skin
What is a microdermabrasion treatment? It is an effective way to improve your skin quality and reverse the signs of aging. As you use this treatment on a consistent basis, you will see that you can naturally transform the appearance of your skin by promoting healthy cell growth and getting rid of the cells that are causing skin problems, such as wrinkles, sun spots, and acne.