The easiest way to buy microdermabrasion supplies is to find a complete at home microdermabrasion kit that comes with all of the products that you will need. Many of these kits will include the microdermabrasion tips, filters, and other products that will be needed in order to use the machine at home. Over time, you might need to replace some of these supplies in order to continually receive good results from the machine.
Microdermabrasion Supplies Everyone Will Need
There are a few products that everyone will need to buy, regardless of the type of microdermabrasion machine they are using. These products are the skin care treatments that will be used before and after the treatment. Some microdermabrasion kits come with these skin care products, but they will need to be replaced once the products are gone.
You might assume that these products aren’t actually necessary because your skin is being treated with the machine. The truth is that your skin will gain the most benefits when you are using the right skin care products along with a good microdermabrasion machine. When your skin is exfoliated, it breaks down the protective barriers and allows the skin care products to penetrate the skin on a deeper level.
The three most common skin care products to use are:
- Cleanser: You should gently wash your skin with a high quality cleanser before using the microdermabrasion machine. By washing the skin, it helps to remove dirt and impurities in order to avoid pushing them deeper into the skin. It is not necessary to aggressively scrub your skin to get rid of everything, because the microdermabrasion machine will also work to remove some of these impurities.
- Toner: After your skin has been treated with a microdermabrasion machine, a toner is a beneficial way to balance the pH levels of the skin. Another benefit of toner is that it can reduce the appearance of large pores, helping to improve the overall texture of your skin.
- Moisturizer: A microdermabrasion machine might cause your skin to dry out a little bit, but you can prevent the dry skin by using a good quality moisturizer. After the toner has dried on your skin, apply the moisturizer to condition and hydrate. Be sure that you use moisturizer on a daily basis, to keep your skin supple and healthy.
Microdermabrasion Supplies You Might Need
Depending on the type of microdermabrasion machine you are using and the supplies that were included in your kit, you may or may not need some of these supplies:
- Crystals for a microdermabrasion machine are the exfoliating part of the machine. Some machines use crystals, and others are diamond tipped. Read the instructions on your machine in order to determine if you will need to buy more crystals in the future.
- Microdermabrasion filters are needed if your machine has a vacuum filter. These are changed out each time the machine is used, and you will be able to see the dead skin collecting on the filter. By changing the filter each time, you are practicing good sanitary habits and you are preventing the machine from clogging up. Be sure that you are buying the right filters that will fit your machine. For example, if you have diamond tips for microdermabrasion, then you need to buy diamond microdermabrasion filters that are designed specifically for the type of machine that you are using.
- Diamond microdermabrasion tips will likely come with your diamond microdermabrasion machine, but you might consider buying other tips to add to your kit. Having different styles of tips will allow you to cater the microdermabrasion treatments according to your individual needs. For example, it is best to start with a gentle tip in order to see how your skin responds. Then, if you need a more aggressive treatment, you can use a medium or a stronger tip. If you find that you aren’t receiving the same benefits as time goes by, then you might consider replacing the diamond tips for your microdermabrasion machine.
Alternatives to Microdermabrasion Machines
If you are trying to save money, then you might consider an alternative microdermabrasion product such as a microdermabrasion brush or cloth. A brush works similar to a microdermabrasion machine, but it has softer bristles on the brush instead of the abrasive crystals or diamonds. A brush is not nearly as effective as an actual microdermabrasion machine, and some people find that the brush bristles actually cause their skin to breakout because they push dirt and impurities into the skin.
A microdermabrasion cloth is a small piece of fabric with microfibers that can be used to manually scrub your skin. These products don’t use the microcrystals, and the exfoliation isn’t technically abrasive enough to be considered a true microdermabrasion treatment. Plus, you have to manually scrub the cloth against your skin, which is more tiring than using a machine.
Instead of settling for sub-par results with a microdermabrasion cloth or brush, it is better to spend the money and get a high quality at-home microdermabrasion machine.